The magic of change occurs as a result of follow through.
- People are inspired while attending a conference but change only happens if they implement what was learned.
- Coaches provide techniques for leaders to enhance their performance but learners must put the tools into practice.
- Strategic plans outline great ideas to guide the future but tactics must be executed, not just printed on the page.
- Meetings surface actions to move the organization forward but too often people don’t even think about them until it’s time to prepare for the next meeting.
- Task forces start out with enthusiasm but fade when momentum isn’t intentionally sustained in between deadlines.
- New year’s resolutions start with good intentions but fail without good follow through.
Developing plans is the easy part. If you really want to make something happen you need to follow through on the implementation — over and over again. Change never happens on autopilot.