Thought leader Carey Nieuwof outlined 5 disruptive leadership trends for 2020. His list:
- The Middle is Disappearing (but the high end and low end are thriving).
- DIY (do it yourself) is giving way to DIFM (do it for me).
- Insight and access have become more valuable than content (because free content is everywhere).
- Focus is a new super power (because distractions are everywhere, too).
- Freedom and autonomy are the next generation’s currency. (Just ask Prince Harry!)
You can read more detail about these trends here.
His ideas have been rattling around in my head for days as I consider the implications of each of them. I think the list itself shows the power of #3 – that a synthesized list such as his has more power than pages and pages of random content.
It also makes me want to do a list of my own next year – the promise of which will undoubtedly make me more observant and reflective of the commonalities from these dots and that which I see. How about joining me in the challenge to outline a few trends next year? Let 2020 give you the clarity of vision to see some mega-themes for 2021.